A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yesterday's outings

Yesterday we went to the zoo again with my sister-in-law Emily and her sisters. They have been to the zoo many times this summer so we breezed through it in just a couple of hours but managed to see the giraffes this time (missed them last time) and they are Brooke's favorite animal!


After the zoo the other 3 girls had to take little ones home for a nap but my girls weren't ready to go home yet so since we were so close to Red Butte garden by the U of U and I had never been there I decided to go. We saw only about a third of the gardens but they were beautiful!



Brooke showed Skylar how to smell the flowers.


So she smelled...

and Brooke smelled....not sure these flowers actually smell good but its cute!


In the background of this picture you can kind of see Salt Lake City. The view up here is amazing!




We are finally going to do something with our backyard this fall and below is an example of a tree we will plant many of. Its a Serbian Spruce. There is a variety that only gets about 20' tall. We sure miss the evergreens of Seattle and want to bring some into our yard and block out the ugly church parking lot!


Lastly Skylar now has a cheesy grin too for the camera. :-)

Jason was out of town last night so I took the girls out for a pizza dinner then we went grocery shopping where I allowed Brooke to buy some M&M cookies. When I tucked her in to bed last night I asked what her favorite part of the day was after I recapped everything we did and she said the cookies were her favorite. Silly girl.


1 comment:

Mom said...

The pics are great and looks like fun. Thanks!