A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Skylar 17 months

Dear Skylar,

I read back through Brooke’s 17 month letter to find that this is the time she started getting in to everything. This may still come with you but so far you don’t get into anything and I love it! You are so easy this way. Throughout your entire lives I’m sure we’ll mention the differences between you and Brooke which is nice because it lets us appreciate each of your characteristics that much more. On that note, another quality that is super easy with you is napping/sleeping. After the newborn stage whenever we put you to bed or soothed you from crying in the middle of the night, you never ever once, that I can remember anyway, started crying when at home in your own crib. I remember with Brooke I would quietly close the bedroom door and hope that she didn’t start crying again, which she did about half the time. I have to remind myself of this extreme ease with you when you are such a pill in the car!! 
Chilin at a local pool.

The cousins on my side of the family:
Brooke, Skylar, Seth, Jack, Heidi and Dominic
You have been in a splendid mood the past few weeks which I attribute to a break in teething. You only have 3 more to go before the 2 year molars. It sucks teething wreaks so much havoc.
 We have taken several camping trips with the new motorhome and besides the drive you are happy and love to play in the dirt with Brooke! You are such a people watcher too whether camping or just out and about. People try to get a smile out of you but you just stare serious face at them. I wonder what’s going on inside that pretty little head.







Jason with Skylar and Heidi. Jason was just holding Heidi but Skylar got jealous. :-)




I took Brooke to Gymboree awhile back when you were still small enough to carry in the front pack but we just started up again and attend the family class which you LOVE! You squeal frequently with delight during the class especially when they break out the bubbles!
I mentioned coordination in the last letter and this quality of yours continues to shine! You are pretty good at feeding yourself with a spoon and fork and although you haven’t been walking long you rarely fall down and never have skinned knees!
 I look forward to your speech developing in the months to come but love that when I ask you a question you usually say “yah” in a really soft sweet voice and shake your head up and down. I think often you really understand what we are saying. You constantly still say “daddy” even when he is not around and consistently say “more” when you want more of just about anything like more airplanes to fly by.
Crazy hair from the static on the trampoline!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Mom said...

I love the pics! The last one is so darn cute! Lucky Marv and Gail!

Mom said...

Where are you in the first pic with Skylar in the pool?

Mom said...

Love the hair! Ha ha!