A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, July 18, 2011

At the Lavender Festival in Sequim

We spent last weekend with our good friends Ryan & Tiffany at Sequim. I have to give Tiffany a lot of thanks since she took more than half of these photos!

We stayed in a cabin that we stayed at a few years ago and LOVED! Our trip began with the fun ferry ride.


We decided to go this particular weekend because of the Lavender Festival. Sequim is the north America capital for lavender. The weather the whole trip was usually overcast with rain on and off. Fortunately our first day it didn't rain until the evening so we checked out the street fair.



Riding the bus back to the parking lot.


We stayed cooped up that evening due to the rain so after everyone took a nap we had fun just hanging out.

Each couple took a turn cooking breakfast and dinner.


I was worried we wouldn't get to visit the farms but finally around 10 am the following day the rain let up so we visited 3 farms.



This farm had props and would take your photo for free using your camera! I love these funky pictures. :-)


Brooke tried to pick up each of these very heavy balls.


This was a maze made from shrubs.



The next farm had lamas. Brooke was not very interested in petting them.


These ladies played amazing music!


Our last farm, Purple Haze. Jason and I have been here 2 other times and its definitely our favorite. We enjoyed live music and lunch at this farm.




Yeah for no rain the rest of the day. It allowed us to finally take the dogs swimming. This beach was just a short walk down from our cabin. Sunset Marine Resort owns 6 cabins. We had the highest one on the hill with the best view. Although I sure wouldn't mind staying at one of these beach cabins next time.



This is the view from our deck. We stayed 3 nights and finally it cleared up enough for a sunset on our last night.

We enjoyed a camp fire down on the beach our last night.



Skylar was already down for the night in this Moses basket so we just toted her down to the beach and she never woke up!


Farewell Sequim, hope to see you again soon.

2 comments:

Gail Tester said...

What great pictures! Happy memories of our weekend there! So glad you had such a great time!

Mom said...

I loved the pics. The monkey on Brooke's back is so cute--wished I'd had a couple of those when the boys were small and running--ha ha--love to all!!!!