A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Skylar 4 months

Dear Skylar,

Time is flying by and I want to try to remember all my days spent with you and Brooke but its impossible! I’ll hold onto these letters to recall all the fond memories and the record of milestones.


Speaking of milestones your first big one is your hips are now good! You got your harness off at the doctor visit I mentioned in your last letter. So you ended up wearing it for 2 months while Brooke had to wear hers for 3.5 months. I forgot how wonderful it is to hold a baby not restricted by the harness. You became so much more cuddly and I felt a little cheated with my time with you in the harness. But its a small price to pay to fix your hips and hopefully this is all behind us. You will get an x-ray at 5.5 months old to make sure they are fine.



Our little family continues to go out and about this summer with farmer’s markets, festivals and a trip to the Lavender Festival in Sequim. The Patterson family came to visit over the 4th of July weekend and your cousin Emma, who is 4 years old, wanted to hold you every chance she got! We had a fun firework show at home that you seemed to enjoy while laying in your bouncy seat.





You are a strong little baby with holding your head up, starting to bare weight on your legs and sitting in the bumbo and excersaucer. I am having more fun with you now that you can start to play with toys.



I love that you have continued to maintain your chunkiness, same as Brooke! We weren’t sure who you looked like when you were born but now we think you look like me but others say you look like daddy or Brooke. I expect your hair and eye color will match your sister’s!



In Brooke’s 4 month letter I ended it with a kind of boring topic, the weather. In her letter I mentioned our record breaking 105 degree day! Well this July has been in the 60s with lots of rain! Besides a few nice days around the 4th of July I worry that summer is going to pass us up this year. Hopefully where ever you live as an adult you won’t have to have the heater on in July!

As always, we love you so much and cherish every day because it all goes by so fast.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the posting--i always love the pics.

Mom said...

hi--looking at the pics again--you're in my thoughts every day--take care!!