A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Name for baby girl #2

We are pretty sure on the name for our next baby but I want to get a little feedback on the spelling. We originally decided on Mckayla which ranks around 600 on the popular list. But Makayla ranks 50. So I'm worried if we spell her name with a 'Mc' rather than 'Ma' it will frequently be misspelled. Having a name that rarely gets misspelled is important to me but I also like names that are not on the top 100 list, although Brooke is sometimes on it.

So if you don't mind leaving your comment with a vote for Mckayla or Makayla I'd appreciate it!

BTW, the middle name will be Alexis.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the McKayla spelling better. That way people are less likely to call her Mack... unless you like that :-).

kerriek said...

I like McKayla better too but agree that people will spell it wrong it all the time! :)

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

I vote for Makayla because I'm quite sure McKayla will be misspelled all the time and it's easier to let people know it's 3 a's. MaKayla has a nice gentle sound to it and I think MaKayla Alexis is very pretty. Short name Kayla ( Fawn, If you spell it McKayla--some people might be tempted to call her Mick)
Anyway, either one is very pretty--maybe you'll wait till you see her face and then her name will come to you in an instant! I LOVE the meaning!!

Mom said...

I deleted one comment cuz it was the exact one i submitted--somehow i hit the publish your comment twice-oops

Gail Tester said...

I like Makayla better, just seems prettier and more feminine. Won't be as likely to get McDonald jokes... McBaby... tee hee. BTW... Grandma Margie says Makayla is the most beautiful name she's ever heard! And I like Carol's idea for spelling, it's three As... that will make it easier.