A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eighteen Months Old

Dear Brooke,


Your vocabulary is exploding! Everyday you repeat a new word and sometimes just ramble the words you know in the car. We have started a new game where we practice saying vowels. You pronounce ‘A’ as ‘E’ and the rest you can do perfect except when we get to ‘U’ you just laugh, you don’t even try to say it! So cute.


Before I mention your other new changes I want to tell you how excited we are that just 2 days ago we found out you are going to have a little sister! We really wanted another girl and hope you two will be best buds.


We had our photographer Jenn take family photos of us today which wraps up our belly to baby/toddler package. The photos turned out awesome! We got a few photos of you giving me and daddy nosies. You love to give nosies - to the dogs, a dog mannequin at the store, your stuffed animals and animals in books. This is about all the affection we get from you since you don’t hug yet. But we love the nosies! Another thing you do with your nose we call “the crinkle”. You have been doing this for months now. Its where you scrunch up your nose to the side and breath in and out heavy. I’m guessing this started because your nose itched but since we’ve named it you’ll do it by request!



You are quite the little walker now and when we are out and about for awhile we’ll give you a break from the stroller to stretch your legs. But this proves to be a lot of work for me and your dad! You are very independent and don’t want to hold our hands while you explore. So we follow you around for a bit then its back in the stroller. Your dad is already a little worried about this independence but I think I was like that as a kid and I turned out fine! We just have to keep a close eye on you.




We took one trip this month, that was to Oregon. We stayed in Seaside with our good friends Tiffany and Ryan who loved playing with you! We also visited Cannon Beach and the Tillamook cheese factory. The weather wasn’t the best but one day when we had a break from the rain we took you to the beach. I expected you to just sit on the beach and play in the sand but instead you had much more fun playing in the water and your clothes got drenched! I guess the fun of the water outweighed the chill.


We love you little girl!

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Mom said...

you two were meant to have kids! what a great family--2 girls-what a riot that will be-fun fun fun--i love the pics!

Gail Tester said...

What adorable pics! You all look so healthy and happy and Brookey looks like a little girl instead of a baby! So beautiful... all of you!