A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Brooke!

Dear Brooke,


You are one year old today! Many times yesterday and today I thought about where I was in labor just one year ago. I feel like a different person today than I was then, I’m now mom.


Your daddy and I both agree that you give us purpose in life. We always stare in wonder at each new move you make and all the little things you do light up our life. We look forward to seeing you grow into a toddler which will hopefully include crawling in the near future although you have finally mastered rolling.

Your favorite toys are probably books - opening, closing and pointing. You love your knitted blankies and giggle when you nuzzle your face into them and also your stuffed kitty and doggy. You successfully say mama, dada, doggie and can almost say kitty. Even though we don’t have a cat you always smile when I say kitty, kitty, kitty when pointing to one in a book which is why your first birthday cake is a kitty.



You are blessed to have wonderful grandparents of which all have visited you recently. Papa and Gigi were here a week ago and Grandma was here to celebrate your big day! Thanks to technology Papa and Gigi joined in on the cake eating via online video call.

Your birthday cake was a hit although you didn’t really know what to think about the huge mass of chocolate sitting in front of you so daddy helped begin the mess! You eventually got the hang of digging into the deliciousness and ate a ton of cake! I think you got a bit of a sugar high and then crashed at bedtime. :-)


You sure have daddy’s sense of humor. Daddy likes to tease you which in turn you tease the doggies. You laugh at everything and we are so happy you have such a sweet disposition. I also think you got my orderliness with the items you keep although you love to give everything away: blocks, toys, books, food, etc! You love the give & take game.


You’ll probably never know how much we love and appreciate you until you have a little one of your own.


Love,

Mommy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her stripped down to a diaper and then covered in chocolate! You guys are awesome parents! Happy Birthday Brooke :-)

THM said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! What fun pictures of her first birthday! And Holly, I love the kitty cake! :o)

Gail Tester said...

Sniff sniff... there you go again making me cry!! Happy Birthday darling Brookey. The apple of our eye!!

Jenn said...

Happy Belated my little friend! Can't wait to see her again in October!