A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Thirteen Months

Dear Brooke,


You are 13 months and your personality is shining through! You want to learn so much by constantly pointing at things and saying “dat”. I assume you mean “what’s that?”.



You can entertain yourself for a long time playing with your toys and you love to pull things out of boxes and bags. On the weekends when I’m gardening I sit you on a blanket with toys which occupy you for a while until you make your way over to the grass which is a fun new thing. A few times you’ve played a little tug-of-war with Kolby but he always wins. :-)



We celebrated my 2nd Mother’s Day with our first bike ride together. You loved sitting in the bike trailer but soon fell asleep and napped for well over an hour. By the end of our 2 hour bike ride you had slipped so far down in the straps but never complained!







Just in the past few days you have finally mastered standing! You have to support yourself on something but can stand for a good 10 minutes. You are so funny about standing on your tip toes! I usually have to move your feet so you’ll stand flat. You are also starting to cut your 2nd pair of teeth - top front. I hope you aren’t fussy too much with these new teeth which unfortunately has been paired with a head cold you have right now.




You are so cute when I’m getting something you want. You start to giggle when I get your milk in the morning, roll out the exercise ball to bounce you on it or when I pick up “Good Night Moon” to read to you before bed. I love how you express your emotions.



You still get lots of attention when we go out especially when you smile back which is often. The cute sun hats are a hit too!





Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!!!! You all look great too:) FYI - emmas almost ALWAYS got a cold when she was teething, even in the past year or so. The teething tablets worked the best for her, and when she was over a year we could give her a little Tylenol, however the Dr. recommended the Motrin... You probably know all of this, but jsut thought I'd share!

Mom said...

oh i love and miss her soooooooooo much and you, holly and j. Brooke is so absolutely adorable--I can't wait till I can play with her in June--it seems so far away and it seems like forever since I held her!!!! The pics are so cute and i hope you'll keep posting cuz it's so fun to see you all and what adorable things Brooke is doing--her tip toes while standing--maybe she'll love dancing like Grams once did and her Aunt Jill does. Ya think? Love to all--hugs and kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail Tester said...

What a sweetie pie and what a great thing you are doing to record all her milestones Holly. You guys all really do look GREAT! We're so proud of you and are missing our little Brooke Trout wicked fierce! July can't get her soon enough! Until then... xoxoxo Gigi