A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Kiva update

In response to Tiffany's comment on my last post, yes I get updates! I actually got one late last night that said:

"This is an update on your loan to Benkelema 1 Group in Mali. Thank you for your loan. It has been disbursed to Benkelema 1 Group, consisting of Sali Koné, Yamou Cissé, Naminta Sangaré, Mariam Moussa Konaté, Setou Koné, Bakoro Koné, Diatou Sanogo, Awa Traoré, Oumou Koné, Fanta Ouattara by Soro Yiriwaso, a partner of Save the Children in Mali. We are excited to watch this business grow. Over the 8 months of this loan, Soro Yiriwaso, a partner of Save the Children will be collecting repayments from this entrepreneur and posting progress updates on the Kiva website."

I can't believe how fast the rest of the money was lent. I think only 50% had been lent as of yesterday morning. And its nice that you can see all of the lenders when clicking on the link (see my last post).

No comments: