A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brooke's hips have stabilized!

She had an ultrasound today and her hips look great! It took 3.5 months in the harness...longer than I expected but her doctor originally said 2-4 months. You can see the transformation in the photos below. The left hip was much worse than the right which is why I've only posted the left hip photos.

The circle is the ball at the end of the femur bone and the other lines represent the hip socket. You can see in the first photo the hip was completely dislocated with the ball off to the side and the hip socket was shallow.

In the second photo you can see the ball of the hip has moved into the socket and the socket has formed around it to hold it in place.

This means Brooke doesn't have to wear the harness full time anymore! She will go back in one month for an x-ray when her bones are more developed. This will tell us if she is done for good with the harness or if she will need to go back in it. I'm just so excited to not have limitations on clothes anymore, and of course that her hips have developed normal!!
Before

After

7 comments:

kerriek said...

I'm so glad to hear that it's working! Woohoo!

Tiffany said...

That's great news!!! It is amazing to me that they can get so much info out of those funny black and white pictures! :o)

THM said...

wow! those pictures are really telling. kudos goes to mom and dad who were diligent with the harness!

Gail Tester said...

Oh Holly... you're dad I and are so thrilled that everything has worked out so well. That was a big difference in the placement! I'm so happy for little Brooke! Can't wait to see you! One week from today!!! xxoo Gigi

Anonymous said...

That's so great to hear that her harness was so helpfull and that her hips have stabilized! Yay Brooke!

Mom said...

Oh I've been working non-stop on an enormous project due tomorrow by 5pm and I am only coming up for air and read this--what great news--oh i miss her soooooooooooo much and think about Brooke everyday!!! How wonderful that everything is working out!! Yeppie ki AAAAAAAA--Love to all!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great news!! I'm glad Brooke's hips have progressed so well. It sure paid off keeping her in her harness. Hope things are going well for you Holly being back at work! Can't wait to see you, Jason and Brooke in Nov.