Dear Skylar,
Wow, 2.5 years just came and went. I started your letter then but never finished so I’m a bit behind! We have been extremely busy these past few months settling into our new house and are currently at the tail end of a major remodel! This house is turning out AMAZING and we fully plan to live here forever!
You are a full on little girl now. You are very strong willed when you’ve made up your mind about something. This has led to some major tantrums but I suppose its also typical 2 year old behavior. You are fully potty trained, yay! No more diapers in this house. You are such a little fashionista with getting all dolled up in fluffy skirts, fancy shoes and jewelry. Your favorite color is pink, second is purple - these were my favorite colors as a little girl and I still love pink! Everything must match for you - plates, cups, clothes, me and you, you and Brooke, the list goes on. Matching colors is huge for you!
We had many fun camping trips over the summer including going out on a boat a few times. Our most recent camping trip was to Moab where you and Brooke laughed and laughed when we took the jeep rock crawling! This was our first trip in the RV where you wanted to sleep up in the bunk with Brooke - you are growing up so fast!
Shortly after your last letter, about the time we moved into our new house and you into a big bed you gave up naps. If you have one you’ll be up until 11 pm! Brooke goes to preschool 3 afternoons per week so you have become my little shopping buddy during this time and love it, hence the fashionista!
We usually volunteer for Brooke’s preschool field trips and sometimes in class and you have fun tagging along so I’m sure will love going to the Neighborhood Preschool next year just 4 houses away!
We tried a mom and me swimming class a few months ago but you just wouldn’t participate, so we’ll try again next year. But you love playing in the pool at the gym! You have recently gotten more confident and just big enough to climb up in the playhouse at the gym child center with Brooke. After my workout when I come to find you I can be sure to just wait at the bottom of the slide until you two slide down together! A few months back when you weren’t able to climb up Brooke would take off into the play house and you’d cry for her. So sweet that she is your security. I don’t dare take you to the child center alone yet. However every other week I attend bible study at a near by church and you are happy to hang out in the 2 year old class room for 2 hours without Brooke!
You are so stinkin sweet! You always say you love us back and whenever I compliment anything about you, you say thank you. You also say you love things about me or other people like “I like your pretty earrings”. I love how you notice these things. You are such a cuttle bug and occasionally sneak into our bed at night and I can easily sleep next to your peaceful body. Sometimes Brooke sneaks into your bed at night and you like waking up next to her.
I am so fortunate to be a stay at home mom and spend all day with you! But when it comes to bedtime and pretty much anytime daddy is around you and Brooke fight over him because you’ve missed him. You both want to cuddle daddy every night! Neither of you wants to cuddle with poor me. :-) I love how you both adore your daddy.
We sure do love you little bear!
Love,
MommyP.S. Here is a pick of me at 2.5, don't you look just like me?














1 comment:
Wow Holly! This was incredible--you'll be so glad you spent the time and effort on this blog years from now--and so will the girls and the rest of us!!!
THANKS--I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment