A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Skylar 20 months

Dear Skylar,
You are starting to say more words which has been really fun! You say ‘ballet’ when we take Brooke to her class, you call markers ‘bubble’ for some reason, you can say ‘yellow’, you call Brooke ‘B’ because you still can’t say her name and you have some variations on words like binky and blankie that I can usually pick up.


You have been so pleasant this past month and continue to be a wonderful sleeper and nap taker, usually 2.5-3 hours per day. I love to watch you, on the monitor, kneed your blanket when you’re half alseep. You still take a while to warm up to people you don’t know and at parties where you like to be held by me or daddy. But we sure don’t mind having you chill with us.



You look soooo cute with your new (first) hair cut! The back of your hair had grown in at 2 different lengths and just looked straggly so, with daddy’s okay, I took you to my hair stylist and got you a ‘bob’ cut. We LOVE it! Its cut in a bit of an A-line and I’d be happy to keep it for awhile because I know once we let your hair grow long we won’t want to cut it. You were a perfect angle while getting your hair cut.




You are learning new things all the time but sometimes I feel a bit guilty that I don’t spend more one-on-one time teaching you things like puzzles. I was working part-time when Brooke was your age but when I was home I spent time teaching her colors, animals, letters and puzzles. Now I’m not saying I don’t teach you these things because I do but I let you just free play with Brooke a lot which is wonderful that you have a loving, caring and sharing sibling to play with. Maybe my reduced time teaching you will be made up by Brooke teaching you and I know every kid learns these things in their own time. At least you’ll learn to share at a younger age than Brooke did! But she is now a wonderful sharer with you - let me tell you that you are lucky. She always looks out for you and if she gets a sticker at school she asks to get a second one for you.


Pre-hair cut. :-)




 Grandma came for a visit this past month and you really warmed up to her. You loved to cuddle up and have her read you a book. We also all went trick-or-treating. You were a cute little giraffe. When you received a piece of candy you didn’t want to put it in your pumpkin because you wanted to eat it! I know its hard to understand saving your candy for later. :-)


The girls helping me blow out candles for my 36th birthday last week.


Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Cassie & Nick said...

I love Skylar's bob! I am behind on Domi's letter. Maybe tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

Mom said...

I love all the updates Holly--sometimes I look and look and when I don't see a blog for some time I wait awhile and then get a nice surprise like this update. Skylar's bob is so cute! Oh I miss you all so much--see you at Christmas.

Mom said...

What a darling picture of the girls and Santa's boots!!!