A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Halloween

A few days before Halloween my dad and Gail came over for a chili dinner then pumpkin carving! The girls weren't into it but we each carved a fun pumpkin and baked the seeds later.



Pumpkins by Dad, me, Gail, Jason.
 Brooke got to wear her Halloween costume to preschool on Halloween and went as a lady bug, a.k.a Love Bug!
 At the end of class they went trick-or-treating around the building.
 All 9 students and 2 teachers. So cute!
 Jason's mom came to visit over Halloween since its Brooke's favorite! Halloween day Skylar sported black and orange and enjoyed hanging with Grandma.
 Off to go trick-or-treating.
Thanks to my friend Haley for lending me both of the girl's costumes. The little giraffe costume was made by a family member and all of her kids wore it, I loved it!




 The girls had fun trick-or-treating but Skylar kept wanting to eat the candy rather than put it in her pumpkin. And I was very disappointed in our neighborhood. Last Halloween we were still living at my parent's house so we went in their neighborhood. This year we saw only a handful of other trick-or-treaters and half of the neighbors weren't home! I guess everyone goes to the trunk-or-treat held in the parking lot of the LDS church. After about an hour we drove to my parent's neighborhood and hit up a few houses. I don't think we'll try our neighborhood next year.
 I even had a really decorated up front porch and with no trick-or-treaters to see it. I left a bowl of candy out but think we only had a few kids stop by. I was really bummed. I thought moving out of the sticks (in Woodinville) to a subdivision would provide a fun Halloween. I guess we picked the wrong neighborhood.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pics -- kids were so darn adorable!!!!!!!