A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A day at Liberty Park

All summer I've been wanting to take the girls to Liberty Park but either couldn't find someone to go with us or I just wouldn't commit to driving downtown. I wish I hadn't waited until the end of summer because it was so fun...just me and the girls! 

We first visited Tracy Aviary. I think once a year visit to the aviary will be fine since they weren't super interested in all the birds...well Brooke is starting to get a little more interested and wants to know the names of the birds.

Brooke has started this cheesy grin for photos. :-)




After the aviary we went on some rides. It was the girls first time on the ferris wheel, Brooke loved it, what do you think about Skylar? She didn't cry but I could feel her tense as we went from the top down.



Next was snacks at the park. Brooke said her favorite part of the day was the ice cream! I guess I shouldn't complain that she is easy to please.

And last we played in the Seven Canyons Fountain. This was my favorite part and definitely want to bring the girls back for this more often. The fountain was huge and simulates the canyons and waterways along the Wasatch Front in the Salt Lake valley and its free!





They must have had a fun day! Well is was way past Skylar's nap time when we left.

The new booster seat doesn't work so well with Brooke's nap. Poor girl! I may have to use her seat with the 5 point harness in the Jeep for awhile.

For those of you who don't live in Utah, Liberty Park is the oldest and most prominent park in Utah and there is a lot more to do at the park than we experienced today. Its only about 20 minutes from our house.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! The pics are great. You wore them out! I love brooke,s new cheesy smile and the girls look wonderful. Maybe we can take the girls there when I come out. Love and miss u all!

Gail Tester said...

What a fun day! I knew you'd love it there! Cute pics!

Gail Tester said...

What a fun day! I knew you'd love it there! Cute pics!

Gavin said...

Yea its a good time! I love taking Cartel to Liberty Park and yes the 7 canyon fountains are the best. What you need to do next time is also take them to the all abilities play ground that is on the North West Corner of the park. Its fun and they have all sorts of playground sets, activities, bells, etc to keep the kids busy. We went last Saturday and took a canoe out on the lake. Good Times!