My poor new niece (Heidi Jane) had to spend a week at the hospital because of jaundice but finally came home on Sunday. To help Emily out I took Seth today for the morning while her other son Jack was at preschool. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I haven't watched Seth for her yet but honestly I was a little intimidated about watching someone else's kid. Now if he were a she then it would be a little different but when Jack and Seth are together they are a little wild. But a few hours into this morning I totally got over my apprehension and thought this is great! Brooke and Seth play really well together and when Skylar was napping I was able to have time to myself!
Once Emily is settled I think we'll finally do what we've been talking about doing for awhile now and that is getting these two together for regular play dates and swapping so we can each have time for errands. If this works well with swapping and my parents are available to watch the girls when needed as well I might pull Brooke out of school until the fall. I initially put her in school to give me a break but I know she likes it too. But this particular school costs more than I want to spend but its up to 5 hour half days because it includes daycare too. Also I think Brooke was going through a phase of being difficult when running errands because lately she has been really easy....I hope the terrible twos have come and gone! Some people say age three is harder, I sure hope that isn't the case for her.

2 comments:
Sorry to hear about baby Heidi, but glad to know she is now home.
Ha ha, take off the shirts for fingerpainting! Smart! I love the way Sethy and Brookie and always holding hands. Cute cousins! I asked Seth if Brooke was his best friend and he said, "Uh huh!". :)
Post a Comment