When choosing our house we didn't take into consideration nearby parks but I think I lucked out with this one. Flat Iron park is about a half mile walk from my house through the neighborhood. If you wanted to drive to the park it would probably be 1.5 miles but there is a trail that connects it to my neighborhood, but its a very steep switch back sidewalk up at least 100 feet. I've taken the girls there a couple of times. The pictures below were from an overcast day last week and it was about 40 degrees. But I had to strip my coat when pushing the stroller up the hill even with Brooke walking instead of riding in the stroller! Then at the top there is a nice mile paved loop with great views of the mountains and city. There is also a playground so Brooke can spend a little time playing and swinging.
I hope to make this park adventure a couple of times per week because with 2 miles of walking for me and Kolby and getting the girls out its great for everyone! This particular day I skipped Skylar's morning nap and she didn't make it back awake. :-)
On another note, Jason and I have enjoyed 4 of the meal exchange dinners and its working out great! Some of the meals I can split in half and keep the other half frozen. I still have to cook some of the meals but everything has been thought out, portioned and prepped so its easy. This has been a great experience so far and I will continue doing it! The dinner we had last night was Haley's chicken burritos. She provided uncooked tortillas from Costco that we pan fried until slightly brown and bubbly and they were amazing!!! It made the burritos taste like chimichangas. We will definitely be buying these tortillas from now on.




3 comments:
OK i got a little behind here--I think the meal sharing thing is a great idea--wonder if I could get that going here. The trek to the park looks like a great workout for you and it's so cute how little Sky feel asleep. Can't wait to see and love those precious grand babies of mine!!!!
Sweet - and nice jacket Brooke! ;-)
I want to come do that walk with you!
Post a Comment