Dear Brooke,
A lot has happened these past two months. I think the biggest accomplishment is you are potty trained!! We had a slow start over a few weeks but once you went a few times you really got it down and have done awesome! You even stay dry at night half the time.
Potty training couldn’t have come at a better time because unfortunately you’ve been sick the past couple of weeks. After two weeks of occasionally vomiting and diarrhea I figured something must be up so I finally took you and Skylar to the doctor to find out you both have ear infections and sore throats. You have been pretty happy which is why I didn’t think it was too serious. Daddy just went through the same thing a few weeks earlier and had an ear and sinus infection. So you have all been on antibiotics except me.
We had a lovely Christmas with many days spent with my side of the family. We learned a lesson this Christmas with presents. You got so many that near the end you actually said you didn’t want anymore. It was an overwhelming day but I quickly put them away and would bring out just a few at a time so it worked out okay but don’t expect a repeat of that many presents anytime soon. As fun as Christmas was I think you actually enjoyed Halloween more because you would continue to talk about Halloween even after Christmas and want to watch Winnie the Pooh Heffalump Halloween.
(the crinkle face!)
About 6 weeks ago I started you in preschool just two afternoons per week. I felt like you were getting bored, even though we did lots of things, and I needed a break and time to run errands. As much as I love having you with me grocery shopping was becoming difficult so while you are at school I just go with Skylar and I also have been painting the house. You seem to love school!
Speaking of painting you now have a safari room! You love it and like to point out the animals. Also in reference to being difficult to run errands with, I actually think it was a phase because lately when I’ve taken you out for brief errands you have been a joy! You are consistently easier so maybe the terrible twos have passed?!?
(The kids get Gymbo stamps at the end of Gymboree but this picture is really to show off her cute toes! I love that she now lets me paint them.)
Probably typical of kids your age is you continue to have some funny vernacular like your use of saying “no thank you I don’t want it” if you can’t have something immediately after you ask for it and you say “sorry” a lot, sometimes correctly but other times incorrectly like “sorry you found me”. I try to explain this is wrong but figure you’ll get it one day. I’ve also been working on getting you to ask for things politely rather than demanding it. But in general you are very polite and super friendly. You are always saying hi to kids at the park. Half the time they don’t say hi back but the other half become instant friends!
(walking up the steep hill to the park)
(Brooke's new friend up on the slide with her at 'open play' at Gymboree. This is a bonus to the structured class with kids exactly her age. This is the only time Skylar gets to play too because I have to keep her in the baby Bjorn during Brooke's class.)

You are super sweet with Skylar and continue to interact with her more now probably because you can easily get her to laugh! I love watching you with her.
I can hardly believe you will be 3 years old for your next letter. You are growing up so quickly and I’m really enjoying your increased comprehension and communication. You’ve finally learned how to whisper when its sleepy time at night and morning which is really cute.
Love,
Mommy






1 comment:
Such a sweetheart. I love the way she treats her "Syler Baby".
Post a Comment