Yesterday was a success! We went to the Children's Museum at the Seattle Center and had fun but I'm sorry to say it was very disappointing compared to the Children's Museum in Everett. It was just really outdated and small. But Brooke was such a sweetheart holding my hand between exhibits and listening to me. We spent almost 2 hours there and Skylar slept the whole time.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Space Needle thats it in the background of the picture below but its so tall its really hard to get a full picture of it and us!
I am still working on trial and errors with Skylar at night. She had 2 night feedings her first night in her room and I think she didn't sleep as long as she has in the past because the room was too quiet. So yesterday I bought another noise machine (Brooke has one in her room and loves the rain) to accomplish another one of the 5 S's - shhhushing. I normally nurse Skylar around 10 pm but last night she was zonked out so I didn't wake her until 11:30 pm. Probably because of that she only required one middle of the night feeding but it took almost an hour for her to fall back asleep because she slept so much in the evening! I think I have it down now and hope tonight goes well with keeping her awake in the evening, using the sound machine at night but I'm still not sure if I should swaddle or not.
An exciting update with Skylar, the bump on her head that was supposed to take 2-3 months to go away is gone!! Thanks so much to my midwife who recommended I give her Traumeel (an herb, equivalent to Arnica) tablets dissolved in water for a week. Its amazing how well that stuff worked. My midwife said doctors don't know about it for treating the hematoma. I really appreciate the natural treatments offered by midwives.

3 comments:
What a brave Mama you are!!! I am VERY impressed:) Glad to hear the treatment helped for her head... I saw my midwife for the first time today and am really excited - she is actually a dancer friend of mine! So that is kind of exciting... Hope you are all well!
Love the pics and fun to see all the girls having a good time. Talk with you soon--love you and miss you
Sounds like you're really getting the hang of this motherhood stuff! I can't believe Brooke will be 2 tomorrow! Looking forward to our oovoo! So glad to hear that Skylar's head is all better and that she is thriving! Miss you all!!! Loved the video of Brooke! xoxo
Post a Comment