Dear Brooke,
Well I can’t believe you aren’t a big sister just yet. Skylar was supposed to be here 1.5 weeks ago but just hasn’t made her debut. She will be here in the next few days though.

I have been off work for 2 weeks now waiting for Skylar’s arrival and Grandpa and Gigi have been here that long as well. We have had fun with daily activities including breakfast at Snoqualmie Falls, lunch at Molbak’s, the Children’s Museum, playing in the yard (you like to play in the dirt and pick up branches), watching movies, reading books and walks. We’ve all really enjoyed our time spent with you.
You love to have everything in your crib which currently includes 2 blankets, 2 pillows, 3 large stuffed blocks that Gigi made and about 4-5 stuffed animals! It seems there is hardly room for you in there but if they aren’t in the crib you ask for them. Sometimes you just play with everything for 2 hours instead of napping and sometimes throw everything out of your crib but are sure to put it all back before bedtime. Then after everything is back in you want in and lay down and tell us “good night”....so sweet. Also when napping lately it seems to take you forever to fall asleep, 0.5 hour minimum and sometimes as much as 1.5 hours. I’ve tried putting you down at different times but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. I wonder if this is just a phase. I feel bad you sometimes spend 4 hours in your crib during the day but you are happily playing and then sleeping.

Closets, specifically the pantry, have become your new obsession with locking yourself inside and sometimes dragging daddy and me (if I’ll fit) in with you too! You do so many cute things that we wish we could record them all so we won’t forget but I’ll name a few here to help us remember. We melt when you randomly want to give us a hug or nosie and when you say ‘love you’ back to us, you like to hold both of our hands when walking somewhere, you are very cute when asking for something you want and use the word ‘ok’ all the time...you make it hard to say ‘no’ to you. The only thing we really say no to are ‘racoons’ (cartoons) because you’d love to watch more than we’ll allow specifically any of the Winnie the Pooh movies of which you can name all of the characters!
You are a great eater using utensils and finishing your plate but you are still a little picky especially when it comes to trying the foods we eat for dinner so you usually get your own meal. I hope you’ll grow out of this and will start to enjoy the foods me and daddy eat.
Well lets get ready for Skylar’s arrival in a few days or less! I love you very much and am excited for you to become a big sister.
Love,
Mama (you call me this rather than Mommy)

1 comment:
This is soooooooo beautiful!!! I feel so blessed to have this blog!!
Post a Comment