A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Over due update

I saw my midwife yesterday and she tried to strip my membranes again but was only as successful as last time and since I'm still pregnant I guess it didn't work. They watched Skylar's heart beat for 20 minutes and she is perfectly healthy! We talked about changing my due date to match the ultrasound due date but that would put me at 42 weeks next Thursday and I'm just not willing to wait that long with my parents here and all. So we are keeping the due date of the 6th which puts me at 41 weeks and 3 days today.

The plan now is to take Primrose Oil and try to get in for acupuncture today although I called the acupuncture office and they don't have any openings. If I'm still pregnant tomorrow then I'll see my midwife again for another fetal heart monitor and try for sweeping the membranes again. I will also go to Evergreen hospital for an ultrasound to check on the amount of amnionic fluid.

If those events don't do the trick I will be 41 weeks and 5 days on Friday which is when the midwives suggest taking castor oil. It sounds awful with diarrhea and major cramping but usually gets labor started. So they'll send it home with me on Thursday and then I'll drink it Friday morning.

I can't believe we've come to this point with forcing Skylar out but I like these options better than others choose before they get to this point with going to the hospital and getting induced and possibly not getting fully dilated and then ending up with a c-section. Plus I can choose not to take the castor oil on Friday since we could use my ultrasound due date and wait a few more days. But I think by Friday if I'm still pregnant I'll be ready to try it.

My parents have been here for 2 weeks now and were originally planning on going home this Saturday but I'm so lucky they are retired and want to be here to help so they are staying until next Thursday. Then the following Saturday Jason's mom and Grandma fly in for 10 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it doesn't come to the castor oil! I tried it with Daniel and it was horrible! (And for me it didn't work.) I made it with the recipe Jill gave me and it included orange juice... I still can't drink orange juice :-).

Mom said...

oh I hope it doesn't come to that too. I LOVE YOU!!