A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Twenty One Months

Dear Brooke,

Well its 2011 and we had a fun and relaxing Christmas at home with Grandma Patterson. You got lots of presents and had fun opening them all. You did really well with the ornaments on the Christmas tree and would go around the tree touching them and only pulled off a couple. Every Christmas we want to get you a special ornament and this year was a turtle because you love the one from Hawaii so much. Frequently you would grab the turtle from the tree and give it a nosie.


We had fun watching the classic Christmas movies and Frosty the Snowman was your favorite! You are still singing “Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, happy soul with a corncob pipe la-la-la....”. Not bad! I think its pretty evident you are an advanced talker which was a great trade for a slow to start walker! You say some pretty funny things including ‘ok’ for example; “Elmo TV ok, ok Elmo TV”, “book, book, read it, ok”.... or you say ‘ok’ for ‘yes’.


Probably around the time you were a year old I wished you were more interested in books. Well I guess I have to be careful what I wish for because you are still obsessed with them! You constantly ask for us to read you books and it doesn’t matter if we are driving in the car or if its too dark. I’m sure you are going to be even more of a book worm when you learn how to read. Other things you ask for now are videos of Elmo, Winnie the Pooh and Frosty the Snowman. We let you watch them occasionally but the more you watch the more you want to watch and you don’t take no for an answer without a fight. I guess that’s just part of growing up.


You are getting a lot more front teeth in lately so I think your smile will be complete soon! You are also learning how to use a spoon which is still a bit messy but you aren’t too bad. But we just can’t get you to drink milk out of a sippy cup. You’ll drink juice and water from a sippy but milk has to be in a bottle. We need to break you of this before baby Skylar is here and you turn 2 years old! I don’t know what to do. Every weekend I’ll give you milk in a bottle in the morning then all day you only get it in a sippy but you won’t touch it. I guess you’ll just have to give in one day or you’ll go without milk. Other than the bottle you are turning into quite the little kid with starting imaginative play and communicating and understanding so well. I think we are still a few months out for potty training though.


We only have about 6 or 7 weeks until you become a big sister! I’ve told you there is a baby in my belly and her name is baby Skylar. You sometimes repeat me but I know you have no idea what I’m talking about. This change should be interesting. I’m a little nervous for the first month but all of your grandparents will be here for awhile to help entertain you! Speaking of Grandpa and Gigi, they came for a visit last weekend. Unfortunately it rained the whole time so we just hung around the house but had a fun time.


Now sometimes you only want daddy, specially at bed time and if you wake from a bad dream at night. I’m happy to see you want him so much and hope it continues after Skylar is born so we can split the responsibility of caring for you and your sister!



Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Mom said...

oh i miss you all soooooooooooooo much--it feels like forever!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the pics again. Love to all!!
Well Holly not too much longer--oh it just doesn't seem possible that Brooke will soon have a baby sister--how fun!!! love to all again.