A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Seventeen Months Old

Dear Brooke,


You are constantly on the move and getting in to everything! You aren’t running but every day seem to pick up speed with walking. I’ve now finally had to put locks on cabinets but you still get into a few. You are quick to go up the stairs but I don’t trust you to go down by yourself yet because its a long ways down if you fall.


You love when daddy chases you around the house, around the table, through the hallway ending under the desk in his office. You let out cute little screeches during the chase!


Your vocabulary is getting just a little broader, specifically ‘b’ words but you can’t say them all clearly yet: belly, baby, ball, balloon, blankie, bird and book. Your first animal sound is moo, you pronounce it “boo”, but you know the sound is for a cow. You still love your books and like to point to the animals and have me tell you what they are.


We have had a weekend tradition for the past several months that I hope continues for a long time. Either your dad or I, who ever wakes up first, makes coffee and a bottle of milk for you and brings it up to bed. We then get you up and bring you to bed with us. You are sooo excited for your milk and enjoy it with us in bed.


We watch you sleep on the video monitor and think its so cute that you sleep in the beetle position - legs tucked up under you and butt in the air!


Your daddy and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary a few days ago. I really feel like we became a family once we had you and I feel like our family will be complete once you have a little brother or sister.


Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Mom said...

I hope Brooke will continue to love books--how fun--she is growing so fast-wish I was there to see it all happening.