A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sixteen Months Old

Dear Brooke,


You can finally walk! Only a few steps usually but once I counted 9! You walk on your knees more than anything at this point. Some people tell me to enjoy your limited mobility but with each milestone I’ve been more than ready. Especially when we are outside; I’d much rather have you walking than crawling around on your hands and knees getting dirty. Which was the case camping....


Your Papa and Gigi came to visit this month. We enjoyed several hikes, a bike ride and a weekend of camping at Baker Lake. The mountains and lake were gorgeous. We had good weather our first day and enjoyed a little time out on the lake and playing in the sand. The next morning was okay so your daddy and I took the grandparents canoe out on the Lake and took some beautiful picutes. But unfortunately the rest of the weekend was cool and rainy so we just hung around camp. You did great camping but got filthy crawling around and seemed to get a little bored. I think camping will be enjoyed much more the older you get.

















You have known many of your body parts for awhile but continue to learn more and are excited to point to each when asked. You love bellies! When we ask you where yours is you proudly pull up your shirt and show us. You also pull up my shirt and point to my growing belly which will be fun over the next 6 months. And you love daddy’s belly button.


You now have your very own chair just your size. Actually my grandpa made it for me (his first!) and Papa passed it on to you!




Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Gail Tester said...

How wonderful to see all those cute pics of our great visit! I KNEW Brooke would be walking this month!... she was so close on our visit. I love that little girl so much it hurts!

Grandpa said...

How time passes so quickly, I can still see you, Holly, sitting in that chair when you were the age of Brooke. That little girl is so precious - we had such a wonderful time visiting you three.
Love, Papa

Mom said...

What a pretty spot for camping--looks so serene and beautiful--how wonderful Marv and Gail could make the trip--I love the little chair--as always, the pics are so wonderful--it feels like FOREVER since I held Brooke and hugged you Holly and Jason--as ALWAYS--MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL