A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Veggie Garden

Second year with the veggie garden. This year I didn't start anything from seed except the peas. Before I planted I amended the soil with ash from the fire place, compost that I've been making since last year and organic fertilizer. I hope the plants grow well!


Little helper!

The new things I tried this year are lettuce and broccoli. I love having lettuce ready to cut before dinner every night! Also in this bed is oregano which I planted last year, cilantro and tomatoes.


In this bed, peppers (which I may not plant next year because they just don't do that well), basil, chives, cabage (trying for the first time) and more tomatoes.

The peas are doing great and I also have zucchini in this bed.

I also planted butternut squash, cantaloupe and jack'o lantern pumpkins - this is my first time with all of these too. Last year the spaghetti squash did awesome so I'm hopeful these will too. I planted strawberries 2 years ago and they are now really producing this year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

your little helper is so cute!! and yummie veggies!!!