Dear Brooke,
You are two months old and it’s hard to image my life without you now! You have come as an easy adjustment in my life although I have more to learn, specifically how to get you to nap. I’m going to try cutting out my morning cup of coffee to see if that helps. But you have slept 8 hours straight at night so our goal is to keep that going!
As new parents your dad and I love to watch you make so many faces. You are just so cute and started smiling at 5.5 weeks old. You have also started ‘talking’ to us which I love. You are also drawn to lights like a bug! One of your dad’s observations over the past month has been your cute chubby cheeks. He says it looks like you are hiding acorns in there! He also says you look more like a little girl rather than a baby when you cry because your mouth gets pouty and I find your tears so sad.
Your pediatrician and orthopedic specialist are both so proud of you! You are right at 50% for head size: 15”, length: 22” and weight: 10 lbs. 13 oz. Your hips weren’t doing so well with 2 weeks in the harness. The doc thought you might end up in a cast but you proved him wrong at 4 weeks with huge improvement! So the harness will work and at 6 weeks you are half way done with wearing it full time.
We can now take your harness off for baths and you love them! You go crazy kicking your little legs like a frog and splash water everywhere. I still love your tiny hands and toes. You will hold onto my finger or shirt during nursing which I love. If I tickle your toes you spread them or curl them tight.
You have gained over 3 pounds since you were born but our favorite nickname for you is still ‘Peanut’. We sometimes think you won’t know your real name because we always call you Peanut and sometimes Fidgit (self explanatory I think).
You took your first flight at 5 weeks old to Utah and did so well. I was ready to nurse you at takeoff but you just slept and remained asleep until we got off the plane! It was so nice to spend time with your Papa and Gigi and see the rest of the family and so many friends. They all love you so much! I missed living in Utah during that week and hope we will move back one day. It’s so hard to be living far away from family now that I have you in my life.
I have one more month of maternity leave so we’ve been exploring daycare options. We might try adjusting our work schedules so either me or your dad are always home. I think this could work for a few months while you still sleep a lot. Then after that we’ll need to find you a regular daycare. We love you so much and want to find the perfect place for you where you will be loved.
Brooke, you are a true blessing in our lives.
Brooke, you are a true blessing in our lives.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:
Oh Holly,
You've got your dad and me both in tears. What a lovely letter and what a precious, beyond precious little girl. Thank you for your posts... they brighten our lives! xo Gigi
What a wonderful letter! You and Brooke will cherish these memories for the rest of your lives! :o)
Post a Comment