Brooke is 7 weeks old today and slept for 7 hours last night! This is definitely the longest and I hope it continues. I replaced the window blinds in her room yesterday with darker blinds to block more of the early morning light from coming in. But she still woke up at 5:30 am but skipped her middle of the night feeding. I can live with that... I'm hoping by 8 weeks old it'll be 8 hours!
On another note, I can't believe we actually ran our well dry. City/County water is not available on our street so we have our own private well in our backyard. Every summer we use a lot of water irrigating our yard. I now we use more water than we need to but I figured since its free why not. Well Jason often joked that we are running our well dry and he was right. We haven't had any rain for the past few weeks so we had the sprinklers running until one day a lot of air started sputtering out of the faucets. So we had our well guy come out yesterday and sure enough, we had run out of water....well kind of. Our aquifer just can't keep up with the demand so we have to cut back on our water usage and spread out our irrigation timing. The pump was sucking air because it had melted the bottom of the PVC pipe which the water is pumped up from. So to fix this he just pulled up the 120' of pipe and replaced the bottom. These well guys sure make a killing with charging $10/foot = $1200!!!! for just a few hours worth of work and very minimal parts. But at least its fixed and we are going to get a pump saver which will automatically turn off the pump for a short period of time if we drain the aquifer too low again. At least our lawn and most of the plants have fared well through this heat. Ah the joys of home ownership....as some of you know our well and septic pumps both failed last summer (they should have lasted much longer) and they are not cheap to replace.
1 year ago

2 comments:
Great news about Brooke Lori sleeping so well. Bummer news about the well. You'll work it out. Maybe we can replace some of the sprinklers with drip irrigation to your plants on the burms when we come... that would save water. Sure missing you all! We'll call you manana.
So glad to hear that Brooke is sleeping well! That's great. Tell her to keep it up! :o) Sorry to hear about the well issues. I never would have guessed that someone in the PNW could drain their well! Maybe you guys should get a couple of rain barrels to help collect rain for watering? Just an idea! Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment