A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Brooke 6 days old

We had our first outing this morning with breakfast at the Maltby Cafe with the grandparents. Brooke was so good and just slept the entire time.


This is where I do my blogging! Thanks Grandma Carol for the beautiful bouquet of flowers and balloon.


We had a second outing this afternoon with a checkup with the midwife. Brooke is doing awesome and already weighs 7 lbs. 6.5 oz, up 4.5 oz from her birth weight! The midwife said it usually takes 2 weeks for a baby to just get back to the birth weight but in only 6 days Brooke has blown past it. So she is obviously nursing very well. I am actually surprised she has gained that much since her nursing is so gently and she constantly stops sucking so I have to continuously stimulate her. But its obviously working! We also had her double check her length since 21" seemed long. And we were right, she is only 19" long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee, now you post as often as I do to Blogger! Its so easy when you have a little Brooke to write about :-). She's such a little baby so 19inches makes much more sense.