A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, April 10, 2009

40 Weeks

No baby yet. I'm still doing great and don't feel too antsy to get this over with just yet. But today is my last day at work so I think I'll start to get impatient starting Monday since I won't be working anymore.

I have been really lucky with an easy pregnancy. I never had morning sickness and didn't even have so much as a cold. I wasn't really tired anytime during my pregnancy. I think my hormones stayed pretty balanced, no crazy mood swings. I can still get around just fine which includes yard work! I still fit into my pre-pregnancy shoes and my wedding ring. I love that I haven't lost any hair for almost 3 months, I wish my hair would always be this thick! Brooke is a really quiet baby. I hardly feel her move throughout the day. Sometimes I worry that I don't feel her enough but I checked with my midwife and she said the amount I do feel her is fine.

For all of you other moms out there you should know that I haven't escaped all of the pregnancy side effects. There have been a few but they seem pretty minor compared to stories I've heard.

I'm so happy I was able to work right up to my due date. I am completely caught up with my projects and feel really good with where I'm leaving things. I will miss coming to work and seeing my wonderful co-workers everyday. But I have even more to look forward to in the next few months! I plan to take 3 months off and then come back to work part-time....which I think will be the best of both worlds.

At my midwife appointment last night we talked about natural ways to get this labor started! She suggested I start taking primrose oil. If nothing has started by next Thursday (41 weeks) I will go in to get my membranes stripped. Then if still nothing, I'll try acupuncture on Friday. If I make it to almost 42 weeks then she'll break my water. My guess is still next Thursday, April 16th, without any inducing. I'll keep you posted! Plus I have most of you on an email announcement list so don't worry, you'll know when Brooke arrives!!

No comments: