Jason and I will be celebrating Christmas in Utah this year! I'm really looking forward to spending time with my new family and it has been 7 years since we were in Utah for Christmas.
This year my side of the family has decided to donate this year rather than exchange gifts....the holidays have become too commercial. So we'd like to extend this to all of our gift exchanges this Christmas season. If you planned to get me or Jason a gift this year we'd rather you donate to your favorite charity instead! Or you are more than welcome to add to our contribution.
My new mom Gail has been a long time contributor to Heifer International http://www.heifer.org/ so all of our family will be donating to this charity. It's a really great organization where you can buy a specific animal (livestock) for a family to help end hunger by providing them with a sustainable source of food and income. Then these people share the offspring of their animals – along with their knowledge, resources, and skills – to create an expanding network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that reaches around the globe.
Rather than buy one animal I have chosen to contribute to one of their larger projects in the Tibetan Community: http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.3589415/
Please join me this holiday season in donating to a wonderful cause and spending time with loved ones!
1 year ago

1 comment:
We got your Holiday card yesterday; awesome picture guys! Who took it for you? Any who, I hope all is well -Allison
Post a Comment