A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mexico Cruise

Port of San Diego - Carnival Elation
Our stateroom with 2 little port holes.

Sunning by the pool on the first day at sea.


Elegant Dinner night - picture taken in 7 story atrium. Throughout the cruise we saw several shows including dancing and singing (like a mini Vegas show), comedian and hypnotist.
We had the same dinner mates each night. These two girls were friends too from MN and SD. On the 3rd and the 4th nights a 3rd couple joined us. It was fun to have dinner with these girls!
Picture of our ship in Cabo.
All of the cruise guests had to take one of these little tender boats to the docs. It went surprisingly quick because there were about 8 tenders. We were the only ship in the bay this day. I don't know if that's normal but I can only image the mayhem transporting 2 cruise ships worth of passengers back and forth.
We then took a small boat out on a tour of the beautiful peninsula.





After the boat tour we boarded a charter bus to take us around to other sites. Our first stop was this glass factory. I bought a few souvenirs and this was the only place where prices are fixed and you cannot bargain...kind of nice.


Our next stop was at a new resort where the restaurant was the only part open. It was Italian (funny they didn't take us to a Mexican restaurant) but the pizza was good and the view of the Cabo bay was fabulous!

The third stop was in the town square of San Jose del Cabo where there was a mission church and shopping. I only shopped on this stop so I don't have any pictures. The 4th and final stop was Cacti Mundo. It was pretty cool. They had 750 species of cactus from around the world with a total of about 15,000 cactus.


After our day in Cabo we had one more day at sea and then arrived back into San Diego. Unfortunately our last night on the boat was really rocky. The wind really picked up and I think the location of our room didn't help since it was in the front and on the side...we just couldn't handle it and both got sick. :-( And actually today - 2 1/2 days later I still feel a little light headed.
But we both had a very fun and relaxing trip! If these pictures weren't enough for you and you want to scan through the other 100+ visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/HollyPatterson/MexicoCruise

1 comment:

THM said...

I wanted to see the pregnant belly in your swim suit! Looks like you two had a lot of fun!