A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting ready for Brooke

It's so fun to now know the sex of my baby! I have spent many hours this week searching online for decorating ideas for the nursery. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do which will primarily include the colors brown and pink. There will be some stripes, polka dots and butterflies! I also did some research on safe recommended cribs. I picked a Consumer Report best buy and bought it online last night! It's a Da Vinci Emily Convertible Crib which came in many colors and we picked 'coffee' which will match the dresser. I also already have a wood rocking chair. So all that's left for the nursery is decorating!

So 'they' say you should start to feel your baby between 18 and 22 weeks, some women feel it sooner. I'm exactly 20 weeks today so hopefully I'll feel her soon! Although at each of the 3 ultrasounds she was pretty still. Jason and I were both really mellow babies so I think she may have inherited this from us, at least I hope she did!

2 comments:

Chris Gena and Claire said...

You should check out a store in the U District. It is called the Land of Nod. I think you would really like it. They have all kinds of things to decorate a nursery with!!

Take care,
Gena

THM said...

That is almost exactly like Roya's! Nice taste!