Tomorrow we leave for Utah to spend a long weekend catching up with family and friends who all have new babies!! Hopefully soon we won't be left out of this new chapter too and I'll have more to write about on this blog. :-) The weather is supposed to be nice...sunny and mid 40s. I'll have to remember my sunglasses since the sun is blinding bright in SLC.
I've been brainstorming about building a vegetable garden this year. We have a sunken garden in the backyard that has been left to the weeds for two years while we finished the rest of the yard. I think I've finally made up my mind on how I want to finish the garden. I plan to have several raised beds for veggies and probably gravel around the beds. I also plan to leave an area for composting. I've never composted before so I hope it's not too much work or hassle or smelly.
We also have other things to complete this year in the yard. When we built the yard we ran miles of electrical wire but none of it is live. I think we'll hire an electrician to hook that all up and then we can add landscape lighting. Besides that we'll be planting many flowers for our friends' wedding (Fawn and Andre) which will be held in our backyard 9/13!
1 year ago

2 comments:
Are you trying to tell us all someting???!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you.
Love,
Toni
Good luck with everything!! By the way if you need any help give me a call or shoot me an email - I will pull weeds or plant flowers :)
Post a Comment