Yesterday I was browsing Oprah's website and I learned about GreenDimes. This is an organization that seeks to cut down on junk mail and they also plant trees. I was excited to learn about this because I get so many catalogs in the mail from places where I ordered one thing 2 years ago and they keep sending me catalogs. Not only does junk mail clog up mailboxs, it also requires an estimated 100 million trees and 20 billion gallons of water every year. For about a dime a day, GreenDimes will stop 70 to 90 percent of the junk mail. They also plant 10 trees every member.
The membership only cost me a one time fee of $20. I then have to enter in the catalogs that I receive so GreenDimes can remove me from their mailing list. I see that this may take some time as I'll have to wait for the catalogs to arrive because I don't remember all of them.
But every little step we take to becoming Green helps!
http://www.greendimes.com/
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment