So I'm a bit behind on blogging! This post was for our trip we took to Zion's 3 weeks ago. Since then we also took a 10 day trip to Michigan which I'll get to eventually! We've been busy with getting ready to move into our new house next week!
Back to this trip. Jason and I have a lot to see throughout Utah with the RV! I had never been to Zion's but Jason had about 20 years ago. It is beautiful! The mountains were formed by vast sand dunes millions of years ago that compacted over time and then were carved by water. So cool.
We camped along the Virgin River and had to take a shuttle up the canyon to the many hiking trails since cars are prohibited in this section.Skylar did great in the back pack and enjoyed a little snooze but we had to carry Brooke too half the time. Hopefully more hikes this summer will condition her a bit.
We went with our friends Toni & Terence and their kids Roya and Donovan.
Cute little Miss Roya.
Back at camp playing around.
Skylar sometimes likes to tell a very animated story!
Picture of our gorgeous camping spot just before sunrise on day 2. The Virgin river ran right behind those trees.
This day we all piled into Toni & Terence's truck and drove up a different canyon through a very long tunnel to the outlook trail.
The lookout.
We made scavenger hunt bags for the kids so they could find stuff along the hike. You can see the zebra print bag in this pic. Roya loved the hunt, Brooke a little and the younger ones could care less.
The evening of this day we all took a nice swim in the Virgin river by our camp except Jason who took a nap and I forgot my camera so I'm so bummed I didn't get any picks. It was in the high 90s so many campers were enjoying the slow moving water which was only 1-3' deep. For the first 30 minutes or so Skylar just scraped sand from the beach and threw it in the water. I didn't think of bringing swimsuits so she wanted her shorts and diaper off thus while she was bent over her bare little bum was up in the air for everyone to see. :-) We had a great time with our friends and look forward to camping with them again next month at Bear Lake!






3 comments:
Beautiful scenery! Can't wait to get there someday soon!
Cute pictures - we had a great time and are looking forward to Bear Lake!
Those girls are going to be campers and hikers forever! :)
Post a Comment