Dear Skylar,
Wow, how’d you get to be 2 years old already? I was thinking back to the morning I drank that labor inducing concoction to get you out! 2 years really doesn’t seem that long ago but our time in Washington seems like a lifetime ago. So much has changed over the past 2 years.
You are such an adorable sweet little toddler and we cherish you at this age. You are so innocent and are cute and funny without trying. Now when something naughty happens between you and Brooke like one of you writing on something you shouldn’t I know I’ll always get the truth from you even if you did it you’ll admit it! I miss that stage in Brooke. She also copies you sometimes when we are laughing at something goofy you are doing. But you definitely have learned so much from watching her.
We have been working on colors and animals and you know quite a few. Its fun when you show interest in pointing out the color of something. When you are unsure of the color you always guess green. As I’ve mentioned before you love cats and dogs but I think out of the other animals you favorite is a monkey. You like to sleep with a stuffed one every night and instead of calling it a monkey you call it "ooh ooh ahh ahh"!
A few days ago you had your first dentist appointment. Brooke had her teeth cleaned first so you could watch. When it was your turn you were a bit hesitant and didn’t like the chair to be laid back so the hygienist cleaned your teeth sitting up and you did great! You were so cooperative through the cleaning that you even let her take x-rays of your teeth at the end. She said you did better than some adults!
Your langue continues to grow and I can understand almost everything you say but daddy has a hard time sometimes so I have to be the translator. :-) You are a great eater and usually want to try whatever it is that I am eating. You do turn down some stuff that I just don’t understand like some fruits and of course veggies but you love steamed broccoli, spinach leaves and edamame (soy beans). You also LOVE nuts. But you still won’t drink milk!
You sure differ from Brooke when it comes to movies. I would say by 18 months see would easily watch cartoons for an hour but only sometimes will you watch cartoons for maybe a half hour at best and that is if I’m watching them with you. I’m not complaining that you don’t like TV, I think its great that you’d rather do other things, but sometimes it would be nice if you’d watch a show for a bit or we could take you to a movie with Brooke!
You are so easy to take out and about on errands and eating out. However clothes shopping with both you and your sister just doesn’t work because she instigates hiding amongst the clothes or running around the store and you happily join her! I think taking either of you separately would be a piece of cake. Daddy and I are so thrilled that you and Brooke love playing with each other so much. This is exactly what we hoped for with having two girls close in age! In a few weeks you’ll share a big rainbow themed birthday party!
Love,
Mommy







3 comments:
Absolutely beautiful pictures!
Can't wait to visit!
ps I remember how Brooke loved Elmo videos at 18 months
Had to see again. Ha I remember when Elliott would try to hide in the clothing racks and he and J would want to run about and I had to herd them back toward me.
Post a Comment