A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Skylar 21 months

Dear Skylar,

You are really starting to become a big girl! We have officially done away with the high chair. It was just too big for our kitchen anyway and you eat perfectly fine sitting on a bar stool next to Brooke at the kitchen table! You still wear the ‘catch all’ bib though to help. You have also finally started to drink a little milk! When I started weaning you from nursing you refused any type or variety of milk. But now you’ll finally drink a little from a cup (not sippy). I also frequently sit you on the counter while I do stuff in the kitchen because you like to be held so much but will accept this location rather than being set down and you just sit there very contently.



You are starting to say more words and frequently put two words together, your favorites are “Kolby cheese” (because he eats your cheese), “Daddy buh bye” (when he goes to work) and “Daddy Santa” (because he dressed up as Santa for your photo shoot so you think Santa is Daddy). You still say “buh bye” to us when we put you to bed while waving with each hand separately then you take out your binky and blow kisses - sooooo sweet! You woke crying around 5 am the other morning and I went in and rubbed your back for a moment and covered you with the blanket and quietly started to leave, I assumed you were asleep, then as I headed for the door I heard “buh bye”.  :-) You also still say “auwee” quite a bit and we just ask “are you okay” and you say “yah” and all is well.

Its so fun how you love to be groomed! I’ve mentioned before how much you love getting your teeth brushed. Well after your bath the other day you got the nail clippers and brought them to me! While I was clipping your nails you reached for the Q-tips for an ear cleaning and you never mind when I do your hair. I just have to say ‘thank you’, this makes it so easy for mommy.


We love that you are still such a cuttle bug. When daddy puts you to bed he lays on the floor with you on his chest and you’ll lay like that until he puts you to bed, sometimes more than a half hour! We sure hope the cuddles never go away.

Love,
Mommy