A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Skylar 18 months

Dear Skylar,
I love you at 1.5 years old for so many reasons -
    • You are definitely a hip hugger. Just the other day I reflected back at how much I had Brooke in a stroller compared to just carrying you around everywhere. Fortunately you help hold on to me and fit perfectly on my left hip. Sometimes its hard to get things done when you want to be held but I know I’ll miss this stage when its gone.

    • You are a mommy’s girl. Poor daddy gets his feelings hurt lately when you don’t want to go to him. But you willing go to him much more than anyone else! However when I’m not around you are happy to cuddle with almost anyone.

    • Babbling. Just tonight you babbled a made up song! I am excited for you to say more words but love the babbling too.

    • Your pitter patter around the house with heavy barefoot steps.
    • “Buh bye”. You say this often to airplanes flying overhead, flushing the toilet, appropriately when saying bye to someone and my favorite, when we say “good night” to you.

Camping a few weeks ago. Both girls love to get dirty!

Notice the chipmunk by her foot? They were super friendly!

Having fun in the motorhome.

Wearing Brooke's boots.

    • You love to feed Kolby 2 kibbles at a time.
    • Your recent desire to dress up with accessories. 
 Love those sunglasses and look at the rainbow toes!

At the Farmer's Market - Skylar never rides in the baby bjorn but she doesn't get fidgety in it like the stroller so Jason decided to 'wear' her so we could enjoy browsing! 

At the Utah State Fair a week ago.



Ice cream for the family, Skylar's fell off her cone but fortunately her bib caught it! She loves to say "cheese" to the camera.
    • Your blossoming goofiness.


Love,
Mommy