A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Brooke's 3 year letter

Dear Brooke,
It’s amazing you have been in our lives for 3 whole years. You have turned into such a sweet, adorable, brilliant little girl. Daddy and I have so much fun with your joyous little personality. You continue to make us laugh and amaze us with your vernacular and intelligence. 


At Salt Lake City's new City Creek!

Also at City Creek. Its an amazing new mall spanning 2 blocks with a creek running down the middle.


With each letter I like to give specifics of your attributes to fully embrace your personality so when you read this as an adult you can learn all about your kidself but also so daddy and I don’t forget. I’ve said it before but I still wish I could remember everything but unfortunately that’s just not possible. You are growing so fast and its hard to believe you were once as small as Skylar. So here are a few reasons why we love you so much...
  • You frequently give us kisses “just because”
  • You are very nurturing to your stuffed animals and us with offering blankets
  • You are an eager learner especially about words and names for things and constantly ask “what’s that?”
  • Your imagination is continuing to blossom and you frequently give voice to your animals and have conversations which often include conversations we’ve had with you
  • Your best friend is hands down your cousin Seth and you are always so excited to give him a hug even though he doesn’t always reciprocate



To celebrate your 3rd birthday I threw you a big safari party! This was your first birthday party ever so I wanted to make it really special and thought a face painter would do just that. I asked you in advance what you wanted to be and you said a giraffe which must be your favorite animal right now which is good because Gigi made you an amazing giraffe bedspread to complete your safari room! She also made you cute giraffe ears and tail to wear on your birthday. Your party was a hit with 10 kids and lots of jungle animals. Your actual birthday was a few days before the party and Grandma made a special trip here just to celebrate with you. Between Grandma and the party you were spoiled with many new presents: a balance bike from me and daddy, play-doh, floor puzzles, books, legos, Little People doll house, stuffed mouse, dresses and a few other fun things.





 This past month you started swim lessons and love them! You love playing with Skylar but we are still working on sharing and not grabbing things out of Skylar’s hand. Why is it you don’t want something until Skylar is holding it? Actually I think this holds true for most kids. One final character trait that continues to become more evident - you are a tom boy when it comes to the outdoors. You love to play in the dirt and you like bugs! You’ve gotten more baths lately because of it. I think this is a good characteristics to have...much better than being prissy and afraid to get dirty. After all daddy and I love being outside and I enjoy yard work...most of it anyway.  :-) I see 2 dirt berries in our camping future this summer!



The 6 cousins on my side of the family at my parent's "beach" a few weeks ago!

I can’t wait to see what this next year holds with a 3 and 1 year old!
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom said...

So happy to see Brooke in that cute rain jacket that I got for her, wish you could see the flower petals surrounding her little face better, but glad you got the pic. love to all, Mom

Cassie & Nick said...

What a cute girl. She is so smart and sweet! Her auntie loves her very much!