Dear Skylar,
Its so exciting that you are 1 year old! You’ll forever be my baby, I love you so much. We had the perfect birthday party with all of your grandparents in our new home. You received some fun new toys and cute matching clothes with Brooke. I made you a delicious chocolate cake with pink buttercream roses. You loved when we sang “Happy Birthday” and clapped with excitement! You couldn’t have been more adorable in your cute little purple tutu and birthday hat.
You had your 1 year well visit and I feel so sorry for you because you still have an ear infection! Fortunately it must be mild because you have been happy but you are now on your third round of antibiotics. I would have never thought I’d say this but you have turned into a petite baby! You went from 90% on the charts as a newborn down to just 30% at this visit at only 20 pounds. I contribute this to your severely reduced appetite when you were sick. You are still an adorable baby with a little chub left.
I am so lucky to be a stay at home mom and experience the joys of a mama’s girl. I doubt you’d have quite the same attachment to me if I were working. I absolutely love it but wish you’d be happy at the gym daycare when I workout! You are starting to warm up to daddy more but Brooke is very jealous when he spends time with you so he is going to make an effort to spend time with you solo.
(St. Patty's Day)
You are a little love and like to snuggle your blanket and me, especially right after your bath when you are all wrapped up in your towel. On the rare occasion you get to crawl around with another baby your size you like to nuzzle into them. You also crawl over to your new baby cousin Heidi and like to touch her. Its funny how babies recognize others the same size.
Its so fun having you crawl around. Its kind of like having a little puppy dog. You crawl over to us, put your hands on our feet and plow into our legs with your head. We love it and we love you! Promise you’ll always be my little honey bear.
Love,
Mommy







8 comments:
I love the picture of you and Sky in her towel. So sweet!
I still can't belie Skylar is 1 already! Time files. Ryan love the mohawk she's sporting in her pink chair! Such a sweet 1 year old!
This made me cry... sniff sniff. We are truly blessed!
So Beautiful
I miss you all soooooooo much! Have been very sick since I left your place. Can not wait to see you all again this next month! a thousand kisses and hugs!,
P.S. Baby Heidi is so sweet and pretty!
P.S. Baby Heidi is so sweet and pretty!
I LOVE the one of her in the chair with the cake. So cute!!
Post a Comment