A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Skylar 10 months

Dear Skylar,
I just love this age. With Brooke I think my favorite months were 9 to 18. Of course I love it all but there is just something so special and innocent at this age. You are so happy and content and are curious about the world around you as indicated by your adorable pointing, pulling (my earrings), grabbing and touching. I love watching you learn and explore. Almost every time I pick you up from your crib you point to the bug mobile hanging by the window so I take you over to it and you like to grab it. 






On Christmas Eve daddy and I took you and Brooke to a movie! This was Brooke’s 2nd and your 1st. I was hoping you’d nap but you didn’t but still did really well. 




We had a wonderful first Christmas with my side of the family and you got a few new toys. Gigi made adorable knitted hats for you, Brooke and the 3 cousins and you all wore matching monkey PJs! I’m so happy you and Brooke will grow up with and be close to cousins your age on both sides.


(Thanks Grandma Patterson for the Play-doh, Brooke loves it!) 



A few weeks ago we had a little snow so I took you and Brooke sledding in the little grass lined retention pond at the end of our street. You were fine sledding down with me but once I sent you down solo and it must have scared you because you cried but trust me, it was a small hill. :-)



You are starting to get just a bit more mobile but not much. While sitting you can schootch around the floor a few feet or reach really far over one bent leg. It appears rolling and crawling are still a ways away.



You have some new teeth coming in. The top 2 in the middle have barely broken through and just today I saw the hint of your 3rd tooth on the bottom. I am spoiled that teething hasn’t seem to bother you and you don’t drool!




Skylar, I love everything about you; your cute little toes, your beautiful eyes as they stare into mine while nursing, your communication of signing ‘milk’ also while nursing, your excitement when I collect you from the crib, your easy going temperament and pure innocence and love. Babies really are a little slice of heaven.




Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh I love the blog and your stories--can't wait to see you all. I always knew you would love to be a mom--it is such a precious time with little ones, nothing in life can compare to the experience.

Mom said...

so happy--it warms my heart