A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Thirty two months

Dear Brooke,
We have been living in our new house for over a month now and you seem to enjoy it. Moving with you at such a young age has been easy because you don’t care where you are as long as you are with us! We said goodbye to the balcony off your old bedroom into the foyer but you now have a balcony again to an outside patio! Your room has an amazing view of the mountains and I can’t wait to hang out there this summer. I am in the process of decorating your room into a safari and will hopefully have it done by your next letter.



I think the biggest change with you recently is napping. You would go down for a nap just fine and sleep a couple of hours but would then be up until 9 or 10 pm! This just wasn’t working for me and daddy so a few weeks ago I stopped letting you nap unless we were going to be out late. This has gone pretty well. Your back to a more reasonable bedtime of 8-8:30 pm but some nights you get pretty cranky from being exhausted. I think it will keep getting easier.




You loved to be chased by anyone who is willing. You like to run in the circle around the stairs in our house and especially enjoy when me or daddy run the opposite way then you run into our arms and give a big hug. You just love movies and would watch them all day, the same one over and over, if I let you.



Daddy and I love the way you talk and sometimes think certain sayings are so cute and we wonder why you say it that way, for example “oh thank you very much”! Then we realize we say that to you. We love how you are a mimic of us. One thing that you do say that we keep trying to correct is to call my dad Grandpa! You always call him Grandma. When we tell you ‘no’ its Grandpa you say ‘oh, Papa’. 


Things you’ve done the past two months include: 
  • Sledding and playing in the snow.


  • Got a black eye from falling out of the car.
  • Trick-or-treating for the first time as a fairy. You wanted to go into the houses which I guess makes sense because that’s what we do when we go to someone’s door. We went in my old neighborhood where I trick-or-treated every year. You collected a lot of candy and probably ate too much!
  • The scary tree. You have watched Pooh Bear’s Halloween movie too many times to count and there is a scary tree in the movie. Daddy got you to make a scary face now and sometimes you go cross-eyed!
  • Jumping on the trampoline that came with our new house. Sometimes when I think its too quiet in the house I go looking for you and see the backdoor open and you on the trampoline. You are very good about getting your boots out of the closet and putting them on but sometimes you wear my or daddy’s shoes.

  • Helping me put together furniture for your new play room.


  • The “bug shrug” as daddy nicknamed your signature move. I’m not sure when this started but we just acknowledged it. Its when you get excited about something you shrug your shoulders a couple times.
  • Gymboree play and learn, you love this little weekly class!
(Brooke with her cousin Seth who is the same age)
  • Make pine cone bird feeders, or rather I made them while you ate the peanut butter. They have been up for 1.5 weeks and I’ve only seen 1 bird come a couple of times! I guess it will take time for the birds to realize there is a smorgasbord in our trees.
  • First significant hair cut. Sorry I cut your bangs a little short but you are still super cute!



Christmas is just a week away so we’ve done some fun Christmas activities including the First Night at the Gateway, seeing the Elves at Gardner Village, the lights at Temple Square and visiting Santa Claus. Can’t wait to see your face Christmas morning!


(Brooke with cousin Seth again, they are so cute!)


(Cousins Seth and Jack)

(The girls with their Grandpa)

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

THM said...

I am so sorry that we haven't seen each other lately! Terence has Friday's off and has said a couple of times that he wants to hang out with you and the kids. Lets make a datenight or a playdate over the weekend.

Mom said...

thanks for the pictures