A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Skylar 8 Months

Dear Skylar,
We are now in our new house and are slowly making it our home. We moved in just a week ago and its been a huge job getting settled! This has really been my full time job, in addition of course to taking care of you and your sister. You have a cute new room with a port-hole window to the beautiful Rocky Mountains. I’m excited to decorate your room but it may be awhile before I get to it.



 I love taking you out shopping. You love to sit in the shopping cart and look around. Don’t tell your sister but I’d rather take just you. I am thoroughly enjoying you as a baby because I know it doesn’t last very long and toddlers are so much work! Daddy and I wish you would stay little for a long time and just be our mascot. :-)





This past month you went sledding for the first time, slide down a huge bouncy slide with me and your sister and went trick-or-treating as a puppy dog. You love to stand and can stand on your own provided there is something to hold onto. But you’ll fall before taking a step so I expect walking is still far away. You are not mobile except for scooting backward a little when on your belly. With you being my second child and last child I cherish each day and stage that much more.




Guess what? I finally finished your baby blanket! I can’t believe it took me forever but I just didn’t knit over the summer and the green boarder had special stitches I had to learn so I procrastinated. You seem to love it! You already have a beautiful crocheted blanket that you sleep with so this will be your car blanket which you’ll need for the Utah winter. I also just moved you up to a big car seat which I think you’ll prefer because you hated to lay back in the infant car seat.

Love,


Mommy

3 comments:

Cassie & Nick said...

Yay, Holly! I was looking forward to this! Skylar is so cute. Can't wait to see her! Cute letter.

Mom said...

The pics are so darn adorable--boy do I miss the wee ones and can't wait to see them--I hate being so far away!! love to all!!

Mom said...

Hi I keep checking out your blog for any new pics--the girls are so beautiful--