Dear Brooke,
Wow I can’t believe you are officially 2.5 years old! So much has happened since your last letter. Daddy was successful with getting several job offers which is a blessing in this economy so we are now living in Utah! We’ve been here for just a couple of weeks living with Grandpa and Gigi. We sold our house in Woodinville and have our new one under contract in Sandy. I’m sad you won’t remember your first house but we have so much more to look forward to family. You have loved hanging out with your cousins Jack and Seth and its been fun living with the grandparents.

With our move you had to say goodbye to the girls whom you spent time with since you were just 3 months old. Your sitter Jaime is really going to miss you and Skylar as well as one of your first friends - 4 year old Melaney. The rest of the family, Mike and Carol, will miss you too. Its always sad to say goodbye. Jaime put together a wonderful photo album of your time at daycare that I’ll share with you when you are older.


Before we moved we spent a week in Santa Barbara with Grandpa, Gigi, Uncle Nick, Aunt Cassie and your new cousin Dominic. We stayed at a beautiful house with a private pool but unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate most days so we only took a dip in the hot tub. On this trip you had a baby froggy (a plastic frog about the size of a nickel) that you kept loosing everywhere...outside on the rocks and grass, in bed, etc. It was pretty amazing that we always found him. You had him on the plane flying home then at home when we were packing but then I didn’t see him for a few days so I figured we finally lost him for good. But a week later Grandpa and I flew back to finish packing and I found that darn frog in a hat box in my closet!



Some days I think you are at the stage of terrible twos but most of the time you are sweet as pie. The melt downs were probably the rest of lack of attention during the very hectic crazy weeks of moving. It was hard on everyone but now its mostly over! You are very curious, observant and get into everything and want to do everything yourself. You got these traits from me so that helps me understand how to handle you.
You are super smart with being able to sing the alphabet, name many colors, counting and you LOVE stickers! It so fun that you are getting to the age where you can do craft projects. We will have lots of fun together in the years to come!
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:
miss u
I am glad you are adjusting so well. Melaney often talks about you and misses you very much, Mike and I also miss having you in our home each week but we are glad you get to be with family instead.
Post a Comment