A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Twenty eight months

Dear Brooke,


You have no idea what’s in store for you coming up....a big move to Utah! Since you were born daddy and I have been sad about not living by family and now we feel even stronger about it with 2 kids so it looks like we might actually move back. In the end isn’t family all that’s really important? Yes we both have good jobs in Washington, a beautiful house and friends but home is where the heart is and that is Utah for us. Its not a 100% done deal but daddy will likely be receiving job offers from 2 different companies and our realtor said we should be able to list our house for what we were hoping! In Utah I plan to take some time off to be a stay at home mom for awhile! This is a crazy concept for me but I’m looking forward to it and hope it will be a special time for all of us.




Happenings the past couple of months include lots of visitors. Over the 4th of July Great Grams, Grandma, Elliott, Jill and Emma all came to visit for a week. You had a blast playing with your cousin and we all had fun at the indoor water park; Great Wolf Lodge. You also enjoyed your first sparkler and enjoyed the backyard fireworks! A trip to the Lavender Festival in Sequim with Tiffany and Ryan (you silly girl are confident Tiffany’s name is Ryan and vice versa). We also enjoyed a visit from Grandpa and Gigi.



You have so many cute sayings and pronunciations that I want to remember always so I’ll include a few with each letter. The most recent ones are “hi baby sister”, “what’s Skylar/Kolby/Daddy doing?”, “sblinker” for sprinkler, “racoons” for cartoons, you still say “ok” but just in the past few days now also say “yep”. We have successfully thought you funny vernacular including “correspondence” for mail and you can pronounce it perfectly and “I’m parched”.


We frequently see hot air balloons flying over our house. We saw a balloon one evening when we were on a walk with Grandpa, Gigi and daddy. You love all kinds on balloons so you kept asking “can go get the balloon daddy/mommy, pleeeeease”. You must have asked this 20 times!


You are so sweet about wanting to hold my hand not only when we go down the stairs for safety but also when we’re walking out in the yard. I think you are right on the border of getting more confidence and independence since you now climb into your car seat and booster chair (at the kitchen table) all by yourself yet you won’t go down most slides without your hand being held. I took you to Jump Planet, a warehouse with lots of bouncy houses and slides, and you wouldn’t go down the slide without me. I was kind of annoyed because I had to keep an eye on Skylar in her stroller but when I gave in and climbed up to the top and slid down with you we both had so much fun! I continued to slide down with my arm around you and hand held and thought “why was I annoyed?” I should cherish this while I’ve got it!



Just today I modified your crib turning it into a day bed so you now how freedom for this first time. Its going pretty well. You get out of your bed to get a book but take it back to bed and eventually fall asleep. Next milestone is potty training. I’m going to wait a few months until after our Santa Barbara vacation and the move.


I’m sure every letter will say something about how much more you are into Skylar. You are such a good big sister with giving Skylar loves and occasionally giving her the binky or a toy.


Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Gail Tester said...

Lovin' the little piggy tails Brooke! You look so grown up! Love you very much! Papa and I are so excited you'll be moving to be near us!!!!! Yippeee!