A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Skylar 3 months

Dear Skylar,

You get cuter and more smiley every day! You like to make cooing faces, stick your tongue out, pout and blow bubbles...all typical baby stuff that makes our hearts melt. You are a pretty mellow baby but still cry a lot some days. At 2.5 months old you actually had a tiny first giggle when Kolby’s tail was whacking you in the face! Since then both daddy and I have gotten another tinny giggle out of you so I’m sure you’ll be laughing in no time!


I returned to work a few weeks ago but only part-time. I hope to maintain my 3 day per week schedule for quite awhile. You go to daycare with Brooke at Jaime’s house ( a lady who lives right by my work). I know you are well cared for and there is a 4 year old girl who dotes on you. I miss you and your sister during the day but then appreciate our time together that much more.


Something exciting happened today (June 19th), you got a brand new cousin! Baby Dominic was born to your Aunt Cassie and Uncle Nick. Gigi was there to share in this special event. We’ll get to meet him in 3 months when we go on a family trip to Santa Barbara!



I was expecting by this letter I could brag that you are a perfect sleeper but that’s not the case every night unfortunately. You are good about falling asleep after I put you to bed awake which is nice but sometimes you wake around 3 or 4 am and I nurse you back to sleep (maybe I shouldn’t because at your 2.5 month pediatrician checkup you were still in the 90% percentile for height and weight!). Other nights you sleep 10 hours! I hope soon you’ll get on a predictable sleeping schedule because I don’t have the heart to let you cry it out at night, although that’s what I did with Brooke. I guess because you are my last baby I really don’t mind spending 15 minutes with you in the middle of the night. :-) Everyone says the youngest is always babied and gets away with more stuff, I guess I can now see how that is true.


We took a family trip this past month to Lake Chelan for Memorial weekend. We spent a few hours at a water park so you got to wear a swimsuit for the first time but you weren’t thrilled about the water. But you sure do love your baths and Brooke likes to help wash you!


The last update for this month is you are still wearing the harness. Your hips get checked again in a week and of course I always hope the doctor will say that’s it for the harness but I’m trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Mom said...

Loving the pics--thanks--so adorable!!!

Gail Tester said...

What a doll! She is looking more and more like Brooke, don't you think?