A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Skylar 2 months

Dear Skylar,

I read back through my 2 month letter to your sister and its funny that yours will be quite the same. You took your first flight at 6 weeks old to Utah with just me and Brooke to visit Grandpa, Gigi and other family and friends. You were a perfect little baby on the airplane which I appreciate since your 2 year old sister was a little more work. Our next few trips planned this year include daddy flying with us but I knew I could do this first flight solo since you still sleep so much. We had a wonderful time back in my home city and house for that matter but daddy sure missed his girls.


Two weeks ago I took you to Brooke’s orthopedic specialist to get your hips checked since Brooke had Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH) even though your pediatrician thought yours had stabilized at your one month visit. I’m glad you got the ultrasound because we found that your right hip is fine but your left hip socket is too shallow. Its supposed to be at a 60 degree angle and the doctor said 50 degrees would be okay but yours was only 25 degrees. So you are now in a harness just like Brooke wore but she wore it for 4 months and we’re hoping you’ll only be in it 4-6 weeks. I was a little disappointed we have to go through the harness again but its really not that big of a deal and I’m just so thankful it works so well and hopefully you’ll never have hip pain as an adult.



You are getting to be quite a chubby baby! Your next pediatrician appointment isn’t for another few weeks but I guess that you weigh about 12 pounds! You get cuter every day and started smiling around 5 weeks old. Both your daddy and I can get you to smile pretty easy just by talking to you. You also really like to stick your tongue out at us and have really started talking/cooing back. I can’t wait until you start babbling! At 6 weeks old you started sleeping through the night at 8 hours and now you are up to 9 hours, thank you!!


Daddy loves your deep blue eyes and says he hopes they stay. We’ve both noticed you resist having your arms moved. Daddy likes to make you play boxing moves but you make it hard. We’ll just have to work on you to relax!


As I write this letter and look back through pictures taken over the last month I feel a little guilty that there is so much focus on Brooke right now and when she was a baby. I guess that’s what happens with first borns but I will do everything I can to create balance. I’m sure the focus and attention will even out once you are older. Right now we are so busy with activities for Brooke and you are just packed along and sleep most of the time but we love you just as much little pumpkin!


Love,
Mama

P.S. I post your and your sister’s monthly letters to my blog in addition to other updates to share with friends and family. During the month of March I posted daily with labor, or lack there of, updates and I just checked page view stats and was surprised to find that in the month of March I had 2,800 page views! The average monthly views prior to March was 600 and has since return to 600. Just an interesting little fact that a lot of people were waiting for your arrival!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Job has been sooooooo incredibly tough and stressful so I'm soooooooo grateful and appreciative of this beautiful blog--it's uplifting and wonderful--thanks holly!! love you all and miss you!

Mom said...

PS Everyone looks wonderful!!! hugs and kisses

Cassie & Nick said...

Holly you look so beautiful with your baby! I can't wait to meet her!

Mom said...

I just looked at all the pics again and it is so great to see the kids and you and j. on this site--hope you can post more soon--miss and love to all