A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Monday, May 16, 2011

I made it home okay even with a sick child

Poor Brooke had a fever Saturday night. Her nose was running all day and she was super quiet at my cousin's house when we went for a visit then I noticed she was burning up when we got home! Ibuprofen helped but we had a miserable night with her waking up hot after the medicine wore off. She would just cry and I'd have to drip the medicine into her mouth against her will. Come morning she wasn't any better and I was so worried about our mid-day flight back home that I consider rescheduling it for later in the week and would have if it were cheaper. Instead I crossed my fingers that she'd be easier going home because she would be so mellow.

In my last post I didn't mention security at the airport. The line was really long and an agent escorted me to a separate family line that was closed off but he opened it for me so I went right up front! I didn't know they did this and was very relieved. But then I was surprised when they made me take Skylar out of the Baby Bjorn to go through the metal detector since I didn't have to do this when Brooke was a baby. A TSA women helped me at Seatac but at the SLC airport there was no one to help. I did get the benefit of the family line but just imagine how much work it is to go through security with a toddler, collapsing the stroller, pulling my laptop out of the backpack, dealing with my and Brooke's shoes and to top it off holding a baby and then trying to reopen the stroller and then put the Baby Bjorn back on. It was all do-able and both girls were super good but its a lot of work!

So with Brooke not feeling well she was super good in the airport and didn't need to run around while we waited for the plane which allowed me to nurse Skylar before we boarded which was great since the plane was full! Brooke fell asleep for the first hour of the flight but then cried when she woke up and Skylar started crying at the same time! But I got Skylar to quiet down and Brooke settled down once I got Elmo on. After Elmo she cried again because she didn't feel well but I finally found something in my backpack to keep her happy until we landed. So we had some difficulties but it wasn't any worse than flying to Utah. A 2 year old is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get! I'm just glad our next flight isn't until September and Jason will be with us. I can't believe this was Brooke's 10th roundtrip flight!

As you saw from the last post we had a wonderful time in Salt Lake City! I can't wait to go back for Christmas. Below are a few photos from Saturday night. At least Jack and Seth got to play with Skylar while Brooke napped. They loved holding her!



2 comments:

THM said...

sorry we didn't get to talk much during our visit. next time we get the dads to watch the kids and we go out for dinner!

Mom said...

cute