A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Announcing Skylar McKayla!!!

That castor oil/verbena oil concoction really did the trick! I took it about 8:30 am and a little after 12:00 I was in full labor. At 2:51 pm Skylar was born!!! I am just thrilled and in disbelief that labor was less than 3 hours. It was painful of course but amazing that it was so quick. I pushed her out while on my knees and leaning over an exercise ball.

Her stats are 9 lbs (the ultrasound was right) and 19 inches long! I am feeling really good with such a short labor. More pictures and updates will follow over the next few days.




8 comments:

Cassie & Nick said...

Hooray! She's so beautiful! Congratulations you guys! I love you!

Tiffany said...

Congrats Holly & Jason! So glad Skylar made her appearance today. So happy for your family! Love Tiffany & Ryan

Jill, Elliott, and Emma said...

Yippie!!! We knew you'd be awesome! Hello to beautiful Skylar!

Mom said...

It was sooooooo great to OOVOO with you all--so proud and so relieved Skylar is finally here--Love and Miss you --So glad labor was short!! What a trooper!!
I've told Grams, Al, Chuck, Ron, Ronnie and many of my friends--all wish you happiness and much joy!!!!

hstubbs said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and glad to see everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go, mom! We are so happy for all of you - congratulations! Skylar is a darling.

Vince said...

Congratulations you guys! Hello Skylar. Great job Holly.

THM said...

holy moley - 9 pounds and only 3 hours - you rock!