A little quote that I want to remember everyday...

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kauai day 7 - last day

Today was lazy and relaxing with shopping in the morning then the pool before lunch. Brooke is sporting her new hat!



Brooke loved the water slide with her daddy! She would ask for more after each time. :-)



While Brooke took her afternoon nap Jason and I took some random photos, this one's for the ladies and Dustin!


Jason and I walked around the plantation and down to the beach for one last time.



When I was here in '87 our room overlooked this cactus garden. Dad does it look familiar? It might have changed since the '92 hurricane which caused over a billion dollars in damage to the island.




For our last dinner we had reservations at the Beach House restaurant on the water near our hotel. The sun set during dinner....such a nice way to end the week.




And tomorrow morning we fly home. A full week was perfect on the island. We will say goodbye to all of the wild chickens that run around the island pecking along the roadway. Wish us luck on the long flight home.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I will always cherish that time,,,,