Dear Brooke,
You are 9 months old and everything is going great! You had a wonderful first Christmas in Utah. We were supposed to celebrate holiday cheer with all of your grandparents but we were very sad that Grandma Patterson got really sick and couldn’t come. But we had fun hanging out with Papa, Gigi and the step siblings and you were really cute with your cousin Seth. You weren’t spoiled with presents, just got a few small toys. I’m sure once you understand gifts that will all change!
You love food and are a fantastic eater and have mastered picking up and eating Cheerios on your own. We thought you might be enjoying food a little too much since you have a little pot belly. But at your pediatrician appointment today you got an A+, weighing in at 18 lb. 14 oz. which is 55% on the curve. You are 27.75” tall, still 50%, and your head must have grown a little faster since it is 17.75” which is 75%. Daddy says you take after him with a large head. :-) Your iron levels were also excellent which means you don’t need as much breast milk which is really good news since I planned to drop one of the four feedings so I don’t have to pump at work as much.
You continue to laugh at many things including when you are tickled! When changing your clothes you giggle when I take off your shirt and tickle you in the arm pits. You are now helpful when I put on your shirt since I just have to help your hand find the sleeve and then you push your arm through. For many months now you continue to hold up your arms constantly. I guess we first noticed this when you started to eat solid food. Your little fingers and hands are constantly moving which reminds us of riding a motorcycle. Don’t your arms get tired?
You just don’t seem interested in being mobile. You don’t really roll and are so far from crawling and standing. But you are very flexible when reaching for things as you can reach really far past your feet.
You continue to make new sounds that we really enjoy hearing such as saying “oye”, “oh”, “da-da-da”, clicking your tongue and blowing raspberries. Unfortunately each of these things only seem to last about a week. Sometimes we copy you which you watch with intent and you occasionally copy back. Speaking of copying, you have started watching me play with a toy and then you will copy. You also love to show us what you have in your hands.
A few of the nick names we have for you right now are Peanut, Measwa Swish, Se Swish, BS (Baby Swish), Missy Lou, Scoobydoot, Bug, Chunky Monkey and Bear (of the koala persuasion). In addition to playing with traditional toys, you always try to grab paper of any kind and tear it apart! You also really enjoy playing with balloons.
When I wipe your nose you have started blocking me with your hands. There have also been a few times where we take away something you have and you cry because you want it back. These are things I’m not ready for! I enjoy being the one to decide, but I know you need to grow up and will have many likes, dislikes, wants and needs. Daddy fulfilled one of his wants today and got a new BMW 335i! We had fun running errands in it today.
While daddy was outside today getting the truck cleaned up to sell we went for a walk with the pups since it was such a nice day out! Back home we had some fun with Kolby. I pushed you around in your stroller chasing him around the front yard. You thought that was so funny and were really cracking up! So cute.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:
What happened to the Camaro???
Such a cutie pie--it feels like forever since i held her and that makes me sad. Her pics are so adorable. the car is very pretty and I'm sure it must be wonderful to drive. it's been too long--boo hoo
Post a Comment